Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Don't Wanna Dance Alone

My heart races and the increased blood pressure is making my head throb. My palms tingle with sensation as the rushing red liquid rushes and warms my body. But I can't turn away, away from a reminder of something I could have done.

'It would be nice to move like that.' I jolted back to reality. When did my mother decide to join me on the couch? But as soon as I shrugged of the non-memory, another sentence registered.
'Wouldn't you want to learn?' I wanted to scream, YES! Oh yes, find me a place, anyone! I'll do it now! But instead I muttered, 'Aren't I too old for that?'

Why was she inquiring so? I'm sure my look didn't betray more than polite wonder, no more than anybody paying attention to the idiot box in the living area. 'You're never too old. You're seventeen. Seventeen isn't old.' Whoops, talking to the wrong age group, let alone person. 'Find a place, and we'll check it out.'

'Yeah, like, where?' Curses, what am I doing? Curiously, my voice broke, but only a little. Obvious to me, but hopefully, not anyone else. 'And I'd need a partner.' There, that was the problem.

'Take dad,' intervined a scornful voice. My attention was diverted to Andy now. 'Rather him than you.'

Of all the things I could have taken up when I was younger, more than gymnastics, more than cheerleading, I wanted to dance.

This is one of the things individuals usually keep to themselves. The weird stuff like, maybe they still kept their Barbie dolls and combed their hair every week. Or secretly sniffing their feet to check for new odours. Stuff like that. Well, here's one I'm practically announcing... I.want.to.ballroom.dance.

I still wonder if I could, after SPM. Would I be too old? What if I walked into a class and everybody laughed at me? Where would I ever find such a place in KL? Would it be expensive? Far? What if I'm no good at it at all?

What if... I had no partner?

So here goes, does ANYBODY want to be my partner, and scout a class somewhere, and we can start after SPM. Oh, and you'd have to be a guy. Sorry girls! I just don't feel comfortable starting off with someone unfamiliar. Some unfamiliar guy. That, would be terrible. I'm dead serious by the way. You can leave a comment here, or IM me at cal_aileen@hotmail.com. Heck, you can even E-MAIL me.

And if nobody says anything, I'll just shut up and move on. =X

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ballroom dancing? you could try looking up William & Danceworld. http://www.williamluisa.net/v2/