Monday, August 04, 2008

Finally, Aileen's MTV Overview



The seats as they are-a filling up.





The VIP area, right behind the stars seats.




"Thank you thank you thank you Amirah for the MTV Asia Awards tickets, and to your lovely (and wacky) parents for chapheroning me up and down Genting. I would also like to thank my beautiful mom and handsome father for agreeing to this without argument, and my brother for being well, him. And Vi-Jean and Yee Vonne for making it too. It was just too bad our seats were separated, eh?"

Jabbawokeez (from Step Up 2) kick started the awards with their awesome dance moves and incredible coordination. Was totally screaming for them all the way, shame though, wish it lasted longer. The Pussycat Dolls were totally strutting their stuff and for that, I wish I was in the mosh pit dancing too. XD
Jabbawockeez on the side stage!



Blooper! Their second song, When I Grow Up music stopped halfway through Nicole's vocals at the beginning. Thankfully, it was well covered up.

OneRepublic was absolutely lovely. Their bassist also happens to be a celloist, and my did he play with vigour and bouncy hair XD. The same can be said for their lead singer, who did a piano number along with Mr Bouncy Hair on Apologise before graduating (both) to guitars for Stop and Stare.

After that we had a few local performances : Singapore rock band and Stephanie Sun collaborated on a song about natural disasters in Asia.

Despite my apparent lack of interest or exposure on Korean music, I must say, Super Juniors performance did not fail to impress. Their vocals were reasonably synced for such a large group, and their dance on the second song was mind blowing. However, it was obvious that they had to lip-sing that one. Oh well.
Super Junior doing their thing



AILEEN'S PERSONAL FAVOURITES.
OneRepublic was absolutely lovely. Their bassist also happens to be a celloist, and my did he play with vigour and bouncy hair XD. The same can be said for their lead singer, who did a piano number along with Mr Bouncy Hair on Apologise before graduating (both) to guitars for Stop and Stare. Today I was still humming their songs in school =)

Jabbawokeez!

Pop Shuvit's Project E.A.R. collaboration with other bands from Philliphines and Indonesia. Mind blowing! However Western rockers rock, Malaysian rockers can rock harder. LOL.

It's not very clear here, but the Click Five started off with a kompang percussion and flute accompanyment. The lead singer was actually trying out the kompang XD



Panic! at the Disco!!!!!!!! [insert eardrum-shattering scream here]. In accordance to their whimsical showmanship and their Best Style award, Panic! at the Disco ended the awards with much flair and flamboyance. Chinese acrobats flipped in between the rocking band, while some were on the side stage in a bone breaking formation. Then came the can-can dancers and a marching band clad in red.



They sound better live!

They made us scream 'whore!' for the song I Write Sins Not Tragedies!

Jared Leto should loose the eyeliner!

Karen Mok should put on weight!
and tame her hair

The Phillipino band Chirochi should compose themselves when hugging and kissing PCD!
What will your mothers think? tsk tsk

A very happy author. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Havе уοu evеr cοnѕiԁeгed аbout inсludіng а littlе bit morе than just your aгticleѕ?
I meаn, whаt yοu saу is valuаblе anԁ
аll. Ηowever ϳust imaginе if yοu aԁԁed somе gгeat
imаges or νiԁеo clips tο gіѵe youг poѕtѕ morе, "pop"!
Yοuг content іs excеllеnt but ωith іmagеs
and ѵiԁeο cliρs, this websіtе could
cеrtaіnly be one of thе gгеateѕt in іts field.
Amazіng blοg!

my ωeb-sitе: tens units

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both eduсative аnd аmuѕing,
and withοut а doubt, уou have hit the nail on the head.
The pгoblem is ѕomething not еnough men and ωomеn агe speaking
intelligently about. I'm very happy I came across this in my hunt for something regarding this.

my web page ... www.efficienttaxiservice.com