Friday, August 19, 2005

Unit Bimbingan Sekolah Form 5 Farewell Party 2005

Annual UBS Form Five Farewell Party. A BBGS tradition. I attended the librarian meeting at one o’clock and came out at two thirty. Talked to Pei Kit. Then, made my way to the Bilik Pameran. Upon reaching, I heard ‘somebody’ making a speech using the PA system. I’m sure it was a student, though. Not Adeline, that’s for sure. A slightly childish voice, with a tinge of maturity. Definitely a Form 5. I thought it was about to end, so I waited at the door. I didn’t dare to open it. Before I heard that voice, I had a glimpse of the teacher’s table. Puan Lyla Roberts was nearest to the door. I turned my back to the door, drawing breath, like some fugitive hiding from the authorities. I waited, and waited. I saw someone, on the second floor of classes. A someone with his head resting on the window seal. I guessed he was gloomy and sad, with a terrible pain inside. Don’t ask me how I knew. I just do. I even think it’s Wei Xiang. It would make sense though, if I’m not mistaken, he’s from 3C. And he IS in 3C, I noticed. It was probably PMR stress and pressure. While I was wondering, it was obvious that he hadn’t noticed me, the voice stopped, said thank you and clapping and cheering was heard. I turned the handle (it seemed to creak a whole lot louder than I remember) and went in. Made my way to the teacher’s table to wish them good afternoon and went straight to the table and walls she told me about. I had to stick blue-tacked letters on the tables and walls… And I didn’t even know what it was all about! So much for information update. I listened to Puan Song’s speech, which was about how little we had got to know each other and thus could not reach out to one another in the unit even before we could reach out to others. Also, it was the first year that we had the most number of members, which also contributed to the problem. It was further complicated when our meetings were not very successful and its members had other obligations. Puan Lyla said, that when it was an event to be organized by the UBS, you can always be assured that it will be well organized. Which was something we could all be proud of. She hoped that the juniors would take over the seniors and do better over the years. Then, it was Adeline’s turn, our dear ex-president. (That’s why I knew it wasn’t Adeline’s voice at the beginning) She told us that she had a very good time this year and she will carry whatever she had learnt with her always. She will also miss us. And we knew we would miss them too. Pui Ying, Rachel, Maleni and I recited a poem for them. Rachel forgot her lines and went all red and squirmish. But of course, we are UBS! We forgive and forget. Not her. She was still in a state of shock 10 minutes after the performance! Which, was partly due to Alex’s teasing, thanks to him. We had LOTS of makan-makan, with spaghetti and junk food and drinks with ice and later…. PIZZA!! Yum. The Form 5’s enjoyed their game very much and it was very funny watching them trying to stick the long green bean attatched to their backs into the small bottle opening without using their hands! HAHAHAHA. It looked like a tail! Esther cursed the creator of this (Pei Kit). Later, Form 2, 3 and 4’s battled it out with the Form 5’s in a vocabulary game (no prizes for guessing which team won). And we had to clean up at the end of the day, but it was fun then too!! Came back exhausted and fell asleep on the living room floor. Slept for one hour. Not bad eh??

No comments: