Wednesday, December 27, 2006

9th kyc day 2


Day 2

There was a strange melody playing somewhere. It was soft, but somehow it awoken me. I forced open my eyelids and looked around. College-girl's handphone is ringing an alarm. Apparently she heard it too, and turned it off. Saw the time – shit, five thirty?! What a nutcase. Tried to go back to sleep, unsuccessfully. The masjid blared like a loudspeaker with many serious bugs. They must all be deaf, coz only I woke up. I never knew the prayers lasted so freegin long. Deshrivelled and totally annoyed, I decided, Oh What The Heck… So I woke up.

We started off with yoga exercises. It was excruciatingly painful, especially so early in the morning. Plus, my neighbourhood-mate's foot very nearly jammed into my vocal projector. Otherwise, I pulled it off with as much grace and dignity as ever possible in my situation.

Next was X-treme Teams, where the obstacle course beside the hall was utilized. It was great fun, and our team had some bonding time. Something crucially needed. When we got our card, which told us which obstacle we have to do in order, Nabilah was ecstatic. We got all the easy-peasy ones! No Tarzan thing over the water filled with tadpoles, no carrying-huge-teddy-bear-on-precarious-beams, no Thrust Fall!! We literally laughed out loud. There was only one ‘victim’ in our team – me. My left foot got soaked in the water, while doing that stepping stone thing. I was one of the blindfolded, have mercy on me! All the while we were behind X-treme Survivors (Andy, Nisha and Ken’s team), they took an eternity to finish the obstacles. Oh but I have a confession to make. We stole their ideas and gave them a makeover XD. Maybe that’s why we finished so fast. After we were done we slouched (I hopped on one foot, one hand holding my dirt water saturated shoe) to a… a hut I guess, and watched the world go by… Literally. We saw Iman fall from the Tarzan rope again, and again, and again… and…. Again. Later Julian pointed out that he saw this guy with a yellow shirt with his team at the Thrust Fall section on the other end, he caught his teammate, and then he LET HER GO! She fell right smack on her arse. Ouch. He even pointed out the girl, hanging on to a friend and limping in one direction. We all went, ‘Oh. My. God.’ at the same time.

We had hours to kill, so my neighbourhood decided to do something about our sketch. Value : Building Community. Special Character : Speedy Gonzales. Oh, the brain-deadness! No one seemed to know who or what Speedy Gonzales is… And our SF was missing. We went through a few ideas (OK, it was actually just me and Ee Huey. Julian backed us up. Hey, you gotta love them) and an idea about theft and community heroism stuck. It’s the best we could come up with, since we don’t even know WHAT or WHO our main character is… Why oh why didn’t we get James Bond or Red Indians??

Right. So later in the hall we had our Listening lesson. Met Jasmynn there, and Jas, if you ever read this, just want you to know that you’re a superb listener! We also had Personality Styles, and we were divided into groups. Abi, Nisha, Ken, Vina (I think) and I just stuck with being Collaberaters, even through all the situations Heidi bombed at us. It was easier, less movement and confusion. We even said we were toadally sure about our decision(s). I don’t think Heidi was very convinced =/. Oh well.

We also had this brain activity. It was hard, and my brain wasn’t functioning. If my neighbourhood wasn’t right smack at center front I would have dropped it and lay on the floor or something. Invisible dirt be damned!

Borrowed Abi’s book and red it with my torch. College girl beside me is on with her boyfriend again. What ter do… but roll my eyes and read.

No comments: