Thursday, December 28, 2006


Woke up at 6. Decided to check out where the guys dorms were. Guys, don’t look at me like that… you know I wouldn’t do anything unwanted… I just wanted to SEE. So I made my way out of the females confined area and headed to the direction of my destination. I’ve seen guys go that way OK… Well, on the way something freaky happened. The fencing was zinc, and you know the loud, echoing sound zinc stuff makes when something collides into it? Well, I heard that. The alley was shrouded in semi-darkness, so I thought… OK, its those stupid cats fighting or sleep walking or something, nothing to worry about. Took a deep deep breath, and three steps later… BANG! I swear it was louder this time. To convince myself, I actually went to peer into that area but did not see anything, and as I looked, that part of the fence went BANG!!! Again… I was officially freaked out, so I half ran to the open area between the two dorms. At least there was light there, any somethings would have a hard time scaring me. So I stayed there, alone, trying to stop my heart enough so it doesn’t come out. Upwards, downwards or through my chest. Lol.

Stretching was in the hall, it was drizzling. Fortunately rafting and high ropes was still on. Cheers dominated the little ‘Oh man…’s’ First up was rafting. No problem, I mean, I’ve done this before. TWICE. Right?? OK… *holds two ends of rope* now where does this go? Oh, it was supposed to CONNECT the plank and barrel?? *blink* okok… Kok Kuan, Izzat and Julian ended up doing most of the work… Due to their uncanny ability to remember what-goes-where after the instructor showed us. We girls were still struggling on one end even after they’ve done the other three. And that didn’t turn out so well either, and had to be redone. Sigh… We so did try! Nevertheless we DID help whenever possible! It actually turned out quite sturdy, but the instructor just had to use our raft as a stage to shout out further instructions. My neighbourhood was holding our breath and biting fingernails, you could see the plank literally bend under pressure! Fortunately, it held.

The water, on the other hand, was brown to the extreme, and there was red oil actually visible on the surface. It was terrible. Ken said the waste products from camp actually go there… Urh, lets try not to think about it shall we? Our team was the last to kick off. At first we thought X-treme Survivors were just having trouble coordinating the paddles and positions or something, because they were moving an inch per minute! My team, especially Kok Kuan, was trying to be competitive and urged our team to go forward, ‘Cut them! Cut them la!’ he said. Idiot. I was literally the captian of this ship, and you all do what I say!! I told them NO. Absolutely not! Boost them, aren’t we in a Key Leader camp?! And guess what… the listened! Wow, OK, I never knew I had it in me XD… But still, the raft in front caused a super traffic jam for us, and I saw Ken shift his place, and Andy shouting… Actually, I think most of them were shouting themselves hoarse. Poor people… Turned out two of their barrels had holes in them! -sadness-

I AM SO PROUD OF THE GINGERBREAD MEN!

The only thing that got me irritated was the teams lack of enthusiasm on the cheering department. I feel so stupid, just trying to get them to cheer all the time. I will not let my neighbourhood be labeled as pathetic. Never.

High ropes was fun. It wasn’t nerve-wrecking at all! The only one that comes close to getting on my hopeless nerves was the Flying Fox… But I went down dangling with my left hand holding on for dear life, but it was fun! Albeit that I ended the thing facing the wrong way… I still have the rope burns on my wrist to prove the friction!

At lunch time we had a photoshoot with our Key Leader t-shirts. It was fun!! Brian was on my left and he had a slightly nasty experience… There was this fat guy who was literally STICKING TO HIM, top to bottom, the whole time. Talk about body contact! Later found out that Julian had the same experience too! Hey, when they said, ‘Closer, closer!’ to fit us all in the frame, I’m sure they didn’t mean THAT close >

Our lessons today included Respect and Building Community. We got to see Larry again today on the projector. I forgot his girlfriends name, but they were so sweet together. Oh, Larry is a mentally retarded person who lives in Befort Street, who collects money for charity, but doesn’t take any for himself. What an example of selfless service! Bless him…

Touched up on our skit today. It turns out that Speedy Gonzales is a little mouse thingy who’s Mexican and is real naughty. So since our value is Building Community, we decided to do a Powerpuff Girl thing. Yours truly is Mojo Jojo, who creates the ultimate killing machine!! Speedy Gonzales, played by Tzen, the little kid in the group (excellent job!). So Blossom (Izzat), Bubbles (Kok Kuan) and Buttercup (Julian) come to save the day! Unfortunately, they are brought to their arses and fail!! *evil laugh* So the beloved citizens of Townsville come to seek vengeance with fails, bottles and penyapu lidi. How touching. So… I die, yeah.



I AM SO PROUD OF THE GINGERBREAD MEN!

Best part was dancing to some hiphop song I don’t really know, Las Ketchup, YMCA, our beloved Chicken Dance, and the Cha Cha! Ken deliberately swung his ass into my hip and boy did it hurt like crazy!! I could swear my hip broke and I was decapacitated by his asses boniness. Wanted an encore but didn’t get it. *whines*

The Circle of Appreciation was very touching. I gave a lot of good stuff when I could, because Julian kept talking and talking, and when its my turn, (he sits to my left) he leaves me struggling to comment on something he HASN’T said. Sweatness. Henin was the first to cry, a lot of people sobbed, Tzen was complaining of hunger, as usual… I cried, but I was smiling because I’m just so proud of the Gingerbread Man! *hugs* Kok Kuan was totally freaky though, I refused to acknowledge that fact, but when it was my turn to hold the candle, he kept staring at me! Like, leaning forward to stare!! I tried to lower my head as low as it goes without burning my hair, but it was totally, irrevocably, freaky.

Couldn’t sleep that night. Spent most of the time chatting with Julian and Ee Huey at the land between dorms. Henin mostly listened… Whoops. We procrastinated like crazy about Kok Kuan!! And Julian and I talked about Genting… Stupid Pontianak haunted house XD. But we soon found ourselves back in the hall – last night no curfew man! The way it should be! I absolutely refused to go back to my dorm (the curse of laziness) there… between napping and snapping pictures to waking up at seven and joining Chuin Xin, Jacky, Melody and Justin talking dirty all night…




I can't believe Brian dragged me into this. I so just woke up! At 3a.m!

No comments: