Tuesday, December 26, 2006

kyc day 1


Day 1

Right, was one of the earliest at the meeting point. Didn’t see anybody particularly interesting, so kept to myself… Smsing Julian (not camp one) who also happens to have a camp at the same date. Boohoo. Later Nisha, Abi and their cousin, Sujesh arrived, and I was like.. Hmm, nice looking people. Kudos to them for coming over to avert my attention from my brother, who is, as usual, successfully annoying me. So in the bus I sat with Nisha, and Andy with Sujesh… When *tadaa* we met Ken, who was the first to start walking around doing that seriously dumb exercise where random people have to answer stupid questions and sign. Such a challenge, keeping your balance while attemping polite conversation AND write.

I was sure the bus got half lost and we passed some MRSM school on the way. But we made it there in one piece anyways. The Student Faci’s (SF’s) were there, giving us a warm welcome… They waved while we were still in the bus so… I waved back? Natural reaction? Oh well. So we had this debriefing, we got our t-shirts, sheet, files (love it, my name is printed on!) *shows file with one hand and pokes it with the other*.

Right… so during break me and Nisha bumped into Ken. I was so ecstatic, because he’s a cheerleader! And, I mean, come on, guy cheerleaders in Malaysia can be counted with your fingers. Just an expression Ken XD! So we had cheerleader talk, and we did a few flips, he could do round-offs and a scorpion and I was insanely jealous. Poor Nisha and Praevina aka Vina were like ‘I don’t know what you guys are talking about.’ Oh, Ken did some real slutty moves on the pole, and Abi caught it on her phone. She promised it would go on YouTube so when I get wind that its up its coming on here. Stay tuned!

Later Heidi led us through the Captain game, which was supposed to be fast moving but it turned out… not so fast. The Chicken Shake was darn fun though. We also had this Birthday Game, where everybody had to line up according to their birthdays without talking! Easily brushed aside, I mean, we wrote our birthdays and showed it to people. Kekekeke…

So then we were sobered up by putting us in groups and totally separating us from everything familiar. Lucky Ken, Nisha and Andy, they’re like, in the same neighbourhood (team)! I got stuck with a bunch of people I don’t know, all whom were insanely quiet, and I’m like, God, Help Me! But we managed, somehow to come up with a name and cheer. My neighbourhood is Gingerbread Man! And our cheer is ‘Run, run, as fast as you can… You can’t catch us we’re the Gingerbread Men!’ I thought it was quite cute, really. But when we had to present it it all came crashing down. Badly. And I was the one with the mike! The Horror, the pure horror!





From left : Ee Huey, Henin, Yours Truly, Wan Yi, 'Speedy Gonzales', Kok Kuan, Izzat, Nabilah (SF), Ei Von, Julian.








Nightmare-ish.



I couldn't sleep that night. I regretted not bringing a book, any book. And this college girl beside me is talking and talking to her boyfriend ALL-NIGHT LONG. Even when I finally fell asleep at about 1 she was still talking. Honestly! No consideration for others. And she was the only one who couldn't sleep with the lights off so in the end, all of us, being so darn nice... Couldn't sleep. *procrascinates*

No comments: