Monday, November 26, 2007

Be Safe

Edward is gone, he got adopted. And I was so hoping to see him today. Oh well, I hope he has a good home now... Probably being called Rocky again; the name given to him by the Indian lady who dumped him there.

There are so many things running through my mind right now, just imagine standing at the edge of a railway station on the yellow line, trying to catch the details in each window frame that passes. My thoughts are the people, the different details in each window I peer through. But with a gust of wind that sweeps my hair back, and momentarily blinds me, the train had its back turn toward me, getting smaller as it left the tracks of vision. And as the wind tickles my hair one last time, whispering some forgotten farewell, it was gone.

And there is nothing left to write. No story to tell, just a longing. I wish I had jumped on that train instead of watching the doors close between, afraid that you'd push me out. I wish I was brave enough to take the fall. But I'm not.

And you'll never know how much
I cried
I worry everytime you extend your leave in some far off place
I pray for you
I still choke on that stupid word, which I can't say, even here.
I need to tell you
Because I never will grow the balls to tell you.

No comments: