Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Scarlet Tears

right... this might be a little rough... any edits are welcome... it could use some improving =)

I stood in line with soldiers of our land
Waiting to journey beyond the waves
Your mommy came to see me go
And i kissed her tears away

I spotted you, my dear child
'Hey squirt!' i called to you
When i lifted you up, you kicked and cried
'Daddy, don't go!' said you

But i boarded the ship anyway
On board i waved at the two of you
As the ship sailed towards the horizon
I vowed to see you again soon

Dodging the unseen hail of bullets
Showering beneath the rain of bombs
Above the cries of men i fought
So the battle could be won

Now i lie bleeding in a pile of dying men
I think of you and your mother dear
Forgive me for not coming home
As i lie crying scarlet tears

No comments: