Friday, September 28, 2007

Passing the Baton

What do you do when the person who makes you happy also makes you sad? I liked it better in the earlier years, when it used to be so easy, so light.

Remember the time I had a rebelious streak? Well after that I promised I wouldn't hurt you anymore. And in that sense I succeeded. But what for? If I failed in every other thing.

You were always just there. You never had the answers to everything, but you always made me feel better. Sometimes I can't thank you enough, and I hope you know that.

I guess I've had to lean on you so long that I find it hard to try not to. Its not easy, but I think I can do it. Can you?



For once, lets make it about what you want.
So why don't you call the shots this time?
State the conditions of the agreement and I'll sign, whatever it is.
I promise.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Right now don't think so much about it alright, i think we both have exams at this time. Busy, no? I know I've been. Sorry it took a while to reply, I can't think about that right now. Haha, after exams alright?