Monday, February 05, 2007

time and the world

16.56 seconds. Look at this. Only a few people understand its significance. This is the time I clocked for 100 m. Awie was being so nice at it, he didn't really want to break it to me. But Yew Jin asked, so dear dear Awie lowered his voice and told him, which was followed by 'OH MY GOD.' And this is where Desmond came to the rescue 'Eh, you guy la... Don't compare.' At this period, I was still unaware of my time, but I sensed dark clouds encircling me. So I asked. And I got my answer. Was dragging my feet on the way to the end of the field, hanging my lovely head when Faris intercepted me.

F : Sapa menang?
A : Ya think?
F : I dunno la... who won?
A : Me la...
F : Cheh, ok la tu.
A : Time not good, very very bad..
F : What?
A : 17 seconds.. 16.56
F : *stares with eyes wide open*

I know, I know! I'm a fallen star, a remnant of the bygone years. Never have I done so bad, I might even be blacklisted for going to Times Square last year during break, just like Shaun and Bryant. It's no fun going to a stadium full of hot and talented people, especially if you're not a clear-cut winner. People stare, and their scrutinizing eyes... I'll never forget the eyes!

Luckily I was well-received at cheer practice today. The first time I danced VJ said I was so aggressive o.O Told her I needed to tune down the athlete and bring out the cheerleader. Hey, its not easy switching between stuff! Especially when you're feeling so dejected and useless and unwanted. Trash. TRASH!! Oops, going overboard there. Well anyways it was fine, we just danced today. Wei Lin played and paused instinctively, and when the music stopped we had to freeze. If someone was off, it was pumping, sit-ups or 'ketuk ketambi' for them. And to my intense embarrassment, I was showed off many times 'Look at Aileen! Do it like her!' But instead of bloating with happiness and happy fudge in my stomach, I felt embarrassed. So I told her between gritted teeth and a funny position 'Wei Lin. Stop. It.' And to my intense relief, she did. I'd so rather blend in with the crowd than stand out. And besides, I really can't help feeling it when I feel their stares which says 'You're no better, so stop being so full of yourself.' Which I wasn't, honestly.

____________________________________________________________________


Humans are no doubt the superior spesies of this planet. As a result of the increasing advancements of technology, things are moving everywhere. Soon, the Earth will just be one big continent. But is it a good thing? Most of us carry on our lives with the child-like belief that it will see a better tomorrow. But scientists believe that if this happens, there is a great possibility of mass extinction. Why? Many isolated islands can hold more spesies than one great continent. Scientists predict at least 2/3 of the worlds mammals will be extinct.

I cannot possibly summarize this here. I watched this on National Geographic. Don't gawp readers, it really is interesting! Call me a nerd if you want to, but I think it is so much better than watching MTV or Channel V. No offense meant here!

No comments: