Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My Sin

My Sin

Those words he spat out, I could not believe
I found it harder and harder to breathe
He knew, and my deepest fear materialised
Look at me! Why won't you look at me?
Your tongue pierces my innards
But I sit like a sculpture, unable to process the pain
My friend speaks
I turn
And nearly cursed
And then she spoke
So soft, like the birds of early morn
That woman looks around
But why don't they see me, faltering and forlorn
Must not cry, must not cry
They will know my sin

It is you I cannot face
But still I see no flame in those dark pools
You have told him, I know
It is within my range of intuition
My brother, how ashamed you must be of me
I adore you, want to be like you
But we are connected, and I sense the slash of dissapointment
Now that he knows my sin

And you, who have spoken so harshly
Why is it I do not see accusation in your crystal eyes?
My steps fall behind your huge feet as you speak
This never ending debate goes on in my head
Am I bad?
Yes, maybe, but never was it my intention
No, it can't be. I am good!
Why is your face funny? Friend asks
Oh, I laugh.
A fake ring is all I hear
And you turn, and I was sure you heard it
But you smile, why?
Friend confronts me
But I refuse to speak
You almost know of my sin

Scenes pass at the window
I look out but see nothing
You are all ugly on the inside
Maybe nobody has told you this, so now I'm telling you
It is so you learn
Am I ugly?
I always thought myself beautiful inside
To compensate my hideous mask
But was it lies I told myself?
Perhaps I am ugly
Though I try not to be
Mistake after mistake, whats wrong with me?
I swear they weren't done intentionally
But I know my own sin

Dear Lord how shall it be?
I wanted to drown under the shower
Washed my bloody hands of these horrid stains
How do I get them off?
Dear Lord what shall I do?
With the sadness I feel pain
With the guilt my feelings fade
With the stain of my sin my hands shake
With my eyes closed I bow my head
Now that You know of my sin

Source : http://soulbreaker.blogdrive.com



No comments: